Saturday, June 20, 2009
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all the devoted, loving and hardworking father's in the world!!!!
Click on the link below to watch a very easy to follow and informative video, I thought it was one of the best. Enjoy!!
Monday, June 15, 2009
It's time to "take 10" and break away from all the Wedding planning and give your mind a much needed rest and listen to a feel good song. Well, ok, one song but two very different versions. We could all use a beautiful reminder of how "wonderful" the world is around us. This song is so touching, it gives me chills (and sometimes happy tears) every time I hear it and is a perfect choice for your Wedding song list.
The first version is from, of course, Louis Armstrong, the legendary trumpeter. And the second is from Rod Stewart. Although Rockin' Rod is one of my favorites, I think I prefer the original classic by Satchmo. I still love both versions and wanted to share them with my Brides and readers. Enjoy your double dose of such a wonderful song!! (Photo courtesy of digitalphotoartistry.com)
What a wonderful world - Louis Armstrong
What a wonderful world - Rod Stewart
Sunday, June 14, 2009
I have been interested in beautiful writing for a very long time and starting practicing in the ninth grade:-) Also, I studied Interior Design/Architecture in College and was trained as an "old" school draftsman, which means I printed everything by hand INSTEAD of using computer aided design to generate my blueprints.
So with that being said, please use the guidelines I have provided below to get you started with your Wedding guest list. I hope you find this information to be helpful!
- BEFORE you begin, please peruse an older post called "Addressing Do's and Don'ts" (January 7, 2009) and use this insightful information to guide you. If you have any further questions, or encounter any "creative" living situations you may call me to discuss them at 856-858-3777.
- Please use a WORD format to set up your guest list and NOT Excel.
- Kindly CENTER all guest names and addresses on the page.
- Please write 10 guest names and addresses per page.
- You may find it helpful to alphabetize your guest list or separate them according to the Bride's family and the Groom's. Do whatever you find is easier.
- Please include YOUR name, address, phone number and date of Wedding on the first page of your guest list.
- Please REVIEW and carefully check your information. I print exactly what you write.
- Please allow a two week lead time depending on the size of your guest list and the volume of Calligraphy work that I currently have.
- If you find that you have any address changes once your guest list is submitted, please e-mail me with them at email@example.com
- Full payment up front is required by check or cash only. Thank you.
WEDDING GUEST LIST EXAMPLE
123 Haddon Avenue
Westmont, New Jersey 08108
(Cell) 123-456-7891, (Home) 555-123-4567
Wedding: June 7, 2010
Mr. Santino Amorosia
and Ms. Sophia Lorenzo
6769 Ocean Avenue
Longport, New Jersey 08136
Sonny and Sophia
Please note: The LAST line above is for the INNER envelope.
It is socially acceptable to be informal and address your guests by their first names.
Mr. and Mrs. Michael Caldwell
34 Third Avenue
Atco, New Jersey 08004
Michelle and Michael
Mr. and Mrs. Henry Kasper
125 BeBeetown Road
Hammonton, New Jersey 08057
Grandmom and Poppy
Mr. and Mrs. Eric Kennedy
777 Paradise Lane
Haddonfield, New Jersey 08003
Cat and Eric
Doctor and Mrs. Robert McIntire
834 Greentree Road
Marlton, New Jersey 08053
Uncle Bob and Aunt Sally
Billy and Kelly
Please continue the same format down the page until you reach 10 guests.