Monday, February 2, 2009

Greetings from Disney!

Since I just returned from my Disney family vacation, I thought it would be so apropos to write about what many consider a "magical" Wedding and Honeymoon destination. This was my fourth trip in 20 years, and every time seems to bring special memories. My thoughts go back now to a former Bride, Diane Coleman (and yes, I still remember her full name:-), who was married there 8 years ago. She choose to wed on Valentine's Day, on the beach and at sundown. Her pictures were romantic, yet casually elegant, with the serene water in the background and the setting sun in the distance.

Getting married in front of Cinderella's castle would definitely be a little too much for me, but Disney has a Pavilion for more traditional couples, like Diane, who would like to tie the knot without Mickey and his crew. It actually looked quite enchanting from a distance (I could only see it from the monorail as I traveled to and from our villa). The Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, which is the neighboring property, is a beautiful facility. I was fortunate enough to visit when it first opened.

I included a link so you could view photos of the properties, interior, props, etc. From what I hear, it can be quite expensive to get married at Disney. If you are looking to save money, it might be best to have a small reception locally and then venture off to Orlando for your Honeymoon! Make sure you visit in the off season so you can focus on your special memories and not the crowds and long lines:-)!

No comments: